Wednesday, 9 August 2017

My Favourite Things!

Hi all

Before I explain my card I'd just like to say thank you to my lovely blogging buddies for their lovely words when I am feeling down about my dad. It's very comforting knowing people understand what I'm saying. It's not a situation I would wish on anybody. 

On a lighter note my card is quite a cutie and it was a joint effort with my son's girlfriend. We were playing around together with some new dies and stamps from My Favourite Things. Evie did the stamping and colouring and I did the layering for the card. The star die was actually a round one which we made to fit the square Peek a boo stitched die. The hippo was coloured using promarkers and the star die cut was coloured using the new Creative Expressions colour chalk clouds which I love. We finished with a few pearls. 


The second card was made at a workshop with Julia Watts. The Paris stamp was a Woodware one. It was stamped with clear versafine and heat embossed with white embossing powder. I then blended three different coloured chalk clouds on the image. The background was made using a stencil and colour clouds. I used a stamp from Altenew for the sentiment and finished with pearls and some bakers twine. 

Well that's me done today. Until next time folks, take care....Lea X